Thursday 12 May 2011

Short Review of Bulgaria, Bosnia, Ukraine, Romania, Cyprus, Slovakia, Belarus, Macedonia and Estonia

Belarus: One of the better songs this year – and it’s a big shame that a catchy song gets totally ruined by such stupid lyrics. I love Belarus – yeah I wonder how many of Belarus inhabitants would get behind that message voluntarily.

2/6

Bosnia: A lot of people tend to like this song – one of the most famous artists in the Balkans. It’s sort of funny how they pretend to be playing instruments and the song is quite catchy, but not a personal favorite of mine. However I see how many Europeans could be charmed by this number.

4/6

Romania: Change has become a popular slogan these days, and although the message is cheesy and old I would still like to believe in it. It’s a happy song, which is most welcome in this sea of melancholia. Good number.

4/6

Cyprus: Christos Mylordos, already by just reading the name of the artist I have a feeling that this is going to be very dramatic and cheesy. This song has a lot of emotion, but unfortunately I can’t feel whatever it is that Christos is feeling. Totally pathetic and a big waste of everyone’s time

1/6

Estonia: One of the big favorites this year, but I don’t think Estonia will make the top five with this one. It's catchy and cute, and I’m sure she’ll make the final, but it all sounds a bit too much like the Junior ESC for my taste. Overrated.

3/6

Slovakia: This first set of identical twins in the semi-final are these two hot girls from Slovakia. The song is mediocre, not the worst and not the best, and I’m afraid it will be pretty forgettable. The twin factor might help though.

3/6

Ukraine: Very powerful number from the Ukraine. The song is not that strong, but since the Ukraine has a lot of good neighbors I’m sure they will qualify despite the lack of quality in this number.

2/6

Bulgaria: Girl rock in Bulgarian. I don’t know I a little bit bored by the song, but the singer is interesting and her performance is quite good, so I don’t think it’s chanceless. This will probably duell with Moldova for the rock votes, and I’m afraid Bulgaria will draw the shortest straw.

3/6

Macedonia: A totally pointless song which is very likely to grab the last place in this semi-final. Snack and bathroom break during this number.

1/6

No comments:

Post a Comment