Wednesday 18 May 2011

What the ** happened?



Well this result really took me a few days to digest. Azerbaijan winning – not totally unexpected and I’m fine with it. Italy coming in second? I didn’t see that coming. And what about France, Hungary and Ireland? They should have been higher up. But Europe has decided, and were going to Baku next year. Which I’m sure will be awesome. Azerbaijan deserves to win – they take this competition very seriously and invests more money than anyone else, so I’m sure they’re going to put on one amazing event next year. I can’t wait. And Ell and Nikki said after the final that they want to bring Europe together. Now that’s adorable. Totally worth all our votes.

But I still don’t understand this result what so ever. Last year had a few surprises but this time it was just one shock after another. I think the worst part for me was Ukraine’s fourth place and Greece’ seventh. Totally undeserved. I actually vomited and went straight to bed right after the show ended. No joke. But nevertheless if this is what Europe likes I guess were all just going to have to adjust and come up with some really absurd and un-cool numbers next year. And I think we can establish once and for all that the ESC is its own genre.

Stay tuned for more evaluations throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment