Thursday 14 April 2011

A Hit in Disguise

Latvia: Musiqq - Angel in Disguise



Ok. I don’t understand a word of what this guy is saying, I thought it was in Latvian at first but it turns out its actually English. Surprisingly enough though, I find myself actually really liking this one. I can’t exactly put my finger on what it is, but there’s something strangely cool about this number. Firstly, I think the lead singer is excellent. He’s got a decent voice, and also I love the fact that he’s energetic and seems to be enjoying himself on stage. The chemistry between the lead singer and the guitarist/rapper feels authentic, and they really do make a handsome couple

I’m not that crazy about the rap part though, and the ending of the song is a little pathetic. I guess it’s too late to change that now, but there are a few things Latvia has to take care of a.s.a.p. in order to make this number as good as it gets before Düsseldorf. Firstly, they need to get a hold of an English teacher quickly. Second, something needs to be done about that lead singers style. That whole outfit works for that other guy but really not on him. And thirdly, I’m aware of that the instruments aren’t live, but it looks a little bizarre that the rapper just put’s down the guitar, and it keeps on playing afterwards. I do recommend that he goes back and picks it up again when he’s done rapping.

There hasn’t been much fuzz about Latvia at all, which is a little unfair. I mean this is clearly not the winner, but it’s cool and different. If Latvia makes a couple of adjustments, this one may surprise more people than just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment